Friday, October 21, 2005

Ahhhh, Blogs.

You know, that's short for web logs. Web logs was just too long to type and say. Someone had the great idea of calling them blogs, a word that looks and sounds silly. Blog naturally makes me think of blob which makes me think of this.

Anyway, I think it's great that a shortened form of a word for something that didn't exist a few years ago could become so pervasive in our culture in such a short time. My mother reads a lot of blogs, and she still writes checks at the grocery store. They're everywhere, people. Like a soft, amorphous mass they have spread over the vastness of world wide web, packing web server after web server with line after line of aimless ramblings like this. If somebody would have told Al Gore when he invented the internet years ago that people would be able to publish their thoughts, hopes, dreams and other insane diatribes so easily, he would have told you that you were crazy (or the more PC, sanity deficient. Now, THAT'S some up-to-the-minute topical humor, baby!)

So here we are. In this politically correct world of ours, we have come to this last great bastion of free speech, a place where we can write whatever we want and no one will pay any attention. Like the homeless guy on the corner who seems to be talking to no one in particular about something very urgent, this is our blog. We hope you enjoy watching us figure out what it's going to be about.

Today's Relevant Pop-Culture Quote: "If you had half as much fun watching this show as we did making it, well, then we had twice as much fun making the show as you did watching it." Casey McCall, Sports Night

1 comment:

Christian Crowe said...

well HEELLLLLOOOOOOO dear Jono. I am not Christian - but pose as his wife when I find it convenient.

I have so enjoyed the 7 year abs workout just received from the skimming of your blog. I would have made it farther through had my eyes not been teary from whelps of laughter and coughing fits induced from my ever loved nicotine pacifiers. You truly have a knack to crack me up - jokester. One of my favorite bits was your mom reading blogs - yet writing checks. I love it.......Momma Carol far out techs my mother who had to have me repeat and spell several times the word "blog" alone....nonetheless participate in active reading. This is just something I have come to accept. Afterall, I am not too far along in this cyber world either. I hope to be able to get back to a more regular conversation schedule with you and Jamessa - we sure think of you nearly everyday. If only there was a way to play cards together again on the balcony whilst imbibing in our favorite beverages, I do belive that our lives would be damn near perfect.

Well, maybe the phone will ring soon and it will be you on the other end. I still do love those good ol' ways of chatting too :)
much love always. I will try to keep up with your blog postings. A little Jono jargin is always good for my heart.

bella