Saturday, December 01, 2007

Commuting Sentence

I drive 16 miles to and from work, and while the majority of the trip is on the MoPac Expressway, it often takes me almost 45 minutes to get to work and 45 minutes to an hour and 15 minutes to get home. Some folks in Austin have taken to referring to MoPac as MoPark. Clever.

MoPac, on a Sunday morning, I imagine.
I'd use the bus if I didn't have to transfer twice and have it take an hour and 40 minutes. A MetroRail project is underway. I'd use that too, but it won't expand to our neighborhood anytime soon.

So for now, unless we move to another part of town or I change jobs (which may well happen if the wrong person reads my last post), I'm stuck on MoPark.

On the bright side, there's one good thing about being stuck in traffic: You're not alone.

1 comment:

Christian Crowe said...

Sounds like somebody needs a Vespa! :-)