Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Drats!










Tonight's trip to Amy's Ice Creams – where they have the guess-the-movie-quote and win-a-free-Crush'n-for-your-ice-cream-game – was a bust. (Except for the ice cream, of course. Mmmmmm Mexican Vanilla!) You see, Jono's been a victor in this realm before, and tonight, I felt I had it.

"I've sold my soul to a bunch of Swatchdogs and Diet Coke heads," was the quote.

Heathers? I asked our server.
"Hold on," as she ran back to the back to check with (I assume) a manger.
"Nope, sorry."

DRATS.

Au contraire mon frere:
a) it IS from the movie Heathers. AND:
b) the full quote is actually:
"Betty Finn was a true friend and I sold her out for a bunch of Swatchdogs and Diet Cokeheads." You can check out the script here.

SOMEBODY owes me a free Nutter Butter Crush'n!

(Thank you, Internets!)

5 comments:

mark's tails said...

Sounds like it was fixed if they had the quote wrong in the first place. Even those hip cool places are run by corporate money mongers. tee hee

JamyeO said...

I know it, dammit!

Missing Tercy said...

The last time I was in Amy's Ice Cream, the guy behind the counter said, "If you can catch your sample in a cup when I fling it from the scoop, you can have your ice cream for free." My first thought was, "Random." Next was, "I've been waiting my entire life for this very moment. I can totally do this!!" I held the cup, slightly shaking in my right hand (who knew adrenaline could kick in so quickly?). The ice cream did not detach from the scoop until it was facing down at a 60 degree angle, therefore I had to dive on top of the counter and at the last minute tilt my cup and in it went!! It truly was one of my proudest moments. Ask Lou, I talked about it for the next two hours, reliving every nanosecond.

JamyeO said...

We were actually at the Amy's on 6th a few weeks ago only to have to wait on the ice-cream scooper as he went outside, across the street, and flung ice cream--across traffic, mind you--to the two giggling teen-aged/college-aged girls who were waiting to make their own victorious catches. What fun!
I think their names may even have been: Jill and Rebecca.

Loopty Lou said...

Victory!! The best was the look on the worker's face when he realized that the blonde yuppy chick could actually move like that fast.