Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Scene from a Texas Turkey Day


So Jamye and I pulled off an honest-to-God Thanksgiving dinner last Thursday. We were so impressed with ourselves that we could barely eat for patting each other on the back.

It was our first Thanksgiving for two, and even with the unmitigated success of our inaugural turkey day in Texas, I'd be lying if I said we didn't miss being with our families. When you cut through all the mashed potatoes, dressing and cranberries, I know that's what Thanksgiving is all about.

We hope they know how thankful we are for all of them, and that I really could've used a large slice of my mom's homemade lemon pound cake and ice cream with raspberry sauce that afternoon, and by used, I mean eaten... and by that afternoon, I mean that afternoon and evening.

Insert additional "having your cake and eating it too" joke here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bella and I can relate.

Thanksgiving with just two is not the same. All the more reason to be thankful we have families that we miss being with. Not everyone has that.